Full flavoured, medium-bodied, floral and malty
Benromach celebrated their centenary in 1998 by being officially reopened by Prince Charles. The distillery nearly never got going in the first place when one of the original partners FW Brickmann, a whisky broker, had to withdraw following the collapse of Pattison's of Leith in 1901.
Production started at Benromach in1907 until 1909-1910 when the distillery was closed until 1939 when production resumed. Following a number of owners the distillery was closed by SMD 1983. Hope arrived at last for Benromach, situated on the north side of Forres, when Elgin based whisky merchant Gordon & McPhail bought the distillery in 1992. Their first bottling of their own spirit was the young but excellent Traditional.